City Clerk FAQ

No answers matched your search

 You will need to be registered with the Washington State Department of Revenue and have a State license and some businesses will need to be registered with the Washington State Labor & Industries. If you are soliciting (going door to door), the company will need a city business license and each solicitor will need to apply for a solicitor license. Prior to conducting any service, business and trade, you will need to apply for a city business license through the Washington State Department of Revenue at https://dor.wa.gov/ . You may contact the clerk's department if you need further information.

The Othello City Council meets three times per month. Regular City Council meetings are held on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Monday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 500 E Main St at Othello City Hall. All Council meetings are open to the public.

Yes, you must purchase a $5 yard sale permit prior to your event, if it is held in the city limits. The yard sale must be held on property that has a residential unit upon it; however, non-profit organizations, civic organizations and churches may hold yard sales on their own property and/or Pioneer Park. A yard sale permit is for 3 days in a row and you can have up to 3 yard sales per year. To obtain a yard sale permit CLICK HERE

Yes, you can make your utility payment online at www.xpressbillpay.com. You can pay your utility bill with a credit or debit card or you can transfer funds from your checking account.

Yes, the City of Othello and Consolidated Disposal Services, Inc. provide containers at 250 N. Broadway Ave for recycling newspaper, cardboard and aluminum cans at no cost to the citizens. THIS RECYCLING PROGRAM IS FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY AND NOT TO BE USED BY COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES. Commercial businesses may contact local recycling companies to arrange for commercial recycling opportunities. Please do not put plastic bags/containers or regular trash into the recycling containers.

At City Hall, we have a locked toter that you can place paper products into that need to be shredded. This toter is available in the City Hall lobby and is for paper products only. This would be for documents that may have your personal information on it and you to destroy it. The toter cannot be opened by staff and is shredded by a company once a month. There is no charge.

In the City Hall foyer, there is a locked box to dispose of unwanted or expired medicines. You may dispose of pills in their bags or bottles into the locked box. The box will be available for medicine drops 24 hours a day. NO needles or aerosols. NO questions asked. Proper disposal of medicine is the safest and most environmentally sound solution.

You have to complete a park shelter reservation form and pay the reservation fee at City Hall during normal working hours. We currently take cash or check payments for park shelter fees. The fees vary upon which park shelter you choose and number of hours you want to reserve it. To obtain a Park Shelter Reservation Form CLICK HERE