The Othello City Clerk’s Department is committed to open government and we encourage our citizens to attend our City Council meetings and contact our staff for information that can’t be found on the City’s website. The Clerk’s Department provides support and assistance to the Mayor, City Council, City Administration and the Citizens of Othello in an efficient, professional and courteous manner. Every city in Washington State has a City Clerk's Office. These offices work under specific authorities imposed by the laws of the State of Washington and ordinance of a specific city government.
Duties of the Office of the City Clerk include:
- Appointed Public Records Official and record management of the City's public records and documents.
- Attends all city council meetings and keeps a complete record of the proceedings thereof; supporting the council in its legislative and policy-making functions.
- Notary services
- City business licensing
- Coordinate disposal of surplus City property
- Responsible agent for the official City Seal
- Utility Payments
- Park shelter reservations
- Issue parade/street permits, dance permits, yard sale permits and right-of-way permits