500 E. Main Street
Mon - Fri
8:00am - 5:00pm
Shawn Logan, Mayor
Day to Day, serving our City...
As chief executive officer of the city, the mayor is in charge of all departments and employees, with authority to designate assistants and department heads. The Mayor is responsible for general supervision of the administration of city government and all city interest, ensuring all laws and ordinances are faithfully enforced; that law and order is maintained in the city. The mayor also serves on various regional commissions, councils, committees and boards; and meets with local and regional government officials to represent the city’s interest in conferences, discussions and negotiations.
Duties & Powers
The duties and powers of the City Administrator include:
- Enforcing all laws and ordinances
- Appointing and/or dismissing all department heads
- Recommending measures, ordinances and legislation necessary for efficient operation of the city
- Preparing the city's preliminary budget; informing the Council of the city's financial position
- Other such duties as may be required by ordinance or resolution of the City Council