Job Title: Lateral Officer
Salary range: $66,156-$84,444 DOE annual salary
Department: Police Department
PRIMARY DUTIES: Othello Police Officers are responsible for performing law enforcement, crime prevention and investigation work. Their primary responsibility is for the protection of life and property through enforcing statutes and laws.
2023 RATES, BASE SALARY: $66,156 to $84,444 depending on qualifications & $15,000 signing bonus
5% Spanish language
2% AA-degree or 4% BS/BA degree
1% Shift pay for swing or graveyard
1% Residency within Othello School District
1% Longevity at 5 years up to 6% at 20 years
2% Deferred comp match
100% full family medical/dental/vision insurance
96 hours paid holiday time off
96-200 hours per year paid vacation leave
SUV take home vehicles
10hr 40m workday, 5 on 4 off schedule
Opportunities include: drone program, commercial vehicle inspection, hostage negotiators, school resource officers, detectives/street crimes, SWAT/TRT.
This application packet contains:
1. City of Othello employment application
2. Waiver and authorization to release information, must be notarized
3. Declaration of lntent to Claim Veterans' Scoring Criteria
4. Minimum Requirements list
You will need to complete and RETURN the following items:
1. Signed City of Othello employment application
2. Waiver and authorization to release information, signed and notarized
3. A copy of your high school diploma or G.E.D.
4. A copy of your valid drivers license.
5. A copy of your Law Enforcement Academy Certificate.
6. The Veterans' Scoring Criteria, if you are to claim the Veteran's preference as defined in RCW 73.16.010
Position open until filled. Email application with the required documentation listed about to email@example.com