Police FAQ

No answers matched your search

General FAQs

We do fingerprints on Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m and there is a $10.00 charge.

We recommend that all unused prescriptions be disposed of safely.  We have a 24 hour disposal box located in the foyer of the Police Department at 500 East Main Street.

RCW 42.56.520 provides that a response to a request for public records   must be made within five (5) business days. The day the request is received does not count as one of the five (5) days. Weekends and holidays observed by the agency are also excluded in the calculation. Within the five (5) days, the County will do one of the following: - provide the records (or an installment of the records) - acknowledge receipt of the request and give an estimated timetable for delivery - ask for clarification - deny the request with a statement as to why the record is being withheld and a citation of the applicable state or federal statute.

A public record is any record containing information relating to the conduct of government business, which is prepared, owned, used, or retained by an agency. This includes, but is not limited to, electronic media, paper, email, microfilm audiotapes, videotapes, magnetic tapes, and disks (CDs/DVDs). A valid public records request is a request for a specific and identifiable public document. A request for general information is not a valid public records request. You do not have to identify the record you want with exact precision, but as much detail as you can provide will be helpful. Our staff may assist in clarifying your request.

If you are requesting a copy of your criminal history record, be advised that you will only receive your involvements with the Grant County Sheriff’s Office.  If you have had contact with other law enforcement agencies within Grant County, you will need to contact that specific agency’s office.  For your complete criminal history, contact the Washington State Patrol’s Criminal History Section at (360) 534-2000 or by visiting the Washington State Patrol website at www.wsp.wa.gov

Concealed Pistol FAQs

RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when:

  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person, or
  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.

If you live in the city limits of Othello you must apply in person at the Police Department.

Our address is:
Othello Police Department
500 E Main Street,
Othello, WA  99344

Yes.  You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued.

Yes.  The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of Grant County or a Non-Washington resident
  • 21 years of age or older at time of application
  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with a permanent resident card (green card)
  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge
  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
  • No mental health prohibitors
  • No felony convictions
  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993;
    • Assault IV
    • Coercion
    • Stalking
    • Reckless Endangerment
    • Criminal Trespass in the first degree
    • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence

If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.  If you do not have a Washington driver’s license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.

You will need to bring:

  • Picture identification, (such as your Washington driver’s license or identification card)
  • A fee of $48 cash or check made payable to the City of Othello. This fee is non-refundable .

Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued.  You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.

If you live in the city limits of Othello, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Othello Police Department.   For renewals you will need to fill out an application for renewal..  You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00. You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license. After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $48.00.

If you live in the city limits of Othello and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license. You will need to apply in person at the Othello Police Department.   You will need to fill out the replacement application. The fee for a replacement license is $10.00.

Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.