Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Updates
Zoning Update Public Hearing Continued to November 25
The Planning Commission has been working on the Zoning Code and Zoning Map for the past 2 years. Changes:
- Easier to use
- Easier to understand
- Better match for how land is actually used
- Better planning for the future
- June 17, 2019 Planning Commission recommended Zoning Map and Zoning Code changes to the City Council.
- July 22, 2019 Planning Commission presented their recommendations to the City Council at a Planning Commission/City Council Study Session. Council asked for the Commission to further review some items.
- August 19 & 27, 2019 Planning Commission discussed items requested by the Council.
- September 9, 2019 Planning Commission presented the items Council had asked them to further review at a Planning Commission/City Council Study Session.
- September 23 & October 7 & 28, 2019 City Council discussed the remaining issues and made changes to the proposals.
- November 12 City Council public hearing. They directed a few changes to the Zoning Map and continued the hearing to Nov. 25.
- City Council continued the public hearing to November 25, 2019. Check Agendas for more information.
- Read the drafts and ask questions and/or submit comments
- Attend the City Council meetings to hear the discussion. Check Agendas for dates
- Testify at the City Council Public Hearing November 25
Read the Proposals
- New Zoning Chapters (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Landscaping)
- Title 14 (Building & Construction) text changes
- Title 17 (Zoning) text changes
Zone Change Maps
Find Out More
You can ask questions or submit comments to:
Anne Henning, Community Development Director
500 E. Main Street
Othello, WA 99344