Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Updates
Big Changes to Zoning May Be Coming Soon
The Planning Commission has been working on the Zoning Code and Zoning Map for the past 2 years. Changes:
- Easier to use
- Easier to understand
- Better match for how land is actually used
- Better planning for the future
- June 17, 2019 Planning Commission recommended Zoning Map and Zoning Code changes to the City Council.
- July 22, 2019 Planning Commission presented their recommendations to the City Council at a Planning Commission/City Council Study Session. Council asked for the Commission to further review some items.
- August 19, 2019 Planning Commission discussed items requested by the Council.
- August 27, 2019 Planning Commission special meeting to continue to discuss items requested by the Council.
- September 9, 2019 Planning Commission/City Council Study Session. Planning Commission presented the items Council had asked them to further review.
- City Council to further discuss some remaining issues. Watch the City Council Agendas for more information.
- City Council will hold a public hearing in the fall. (Date to be announced).
- Read the drafts and ask questions and/or submit comments
- Attend the City Council meetings to hear the discussion. Check Agendas for dates
- Testify at the City Council Public Hearing this fall (date to be announced)
Read the Proposals
- New Zoning Chapters (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Landscaping)
- Title 14 (Building & Construction) text changes
- Title 17 (Zoning) text changes
- Zone changes
- Comprehensive Plan Future Zoning Map
Find Out More
You can ask questions or submit comments to:
Anne Henning, Community Development Director
500 E. Main Street
Othello, WA 99344