News and Events
Check the Calendar for the latest events.
City Hall Closing - Utility Payments - Water Emergencies
City Hall will be closing at 1 pm Thursday, February 14, 2019 due to the weather.
If you need to make a Utility payment you may pay online at xpressbillpay.com.
In case of a water emergency where you need your water turned off, DO NOT attempt to turn the water meter off yourself. This is City property. If you need to contact someone after hours to turn off your water please call the Police Department at 509-488-3314.
Snow Removal Reminders
• All Vehicles/Trailers/Garbage Cans/Basketball Hoops and any other ROW obstructions need to be removed if possible off the Street
• Snow will be plowed to the Gutter pan on all streets.
• Arterials are plowed first for Emergency Vehicles and traffic flow.
• Residential will be plowed after clearing all major Arterials, residential will be the last to be plowed, we will get to them as soon as we can.
• Driveways will receive snow from the plows as they go by, but please understand that is not the City's intent to plow it in, its where it has to go to reach the gutter pan for proper drainage purposes on the Street.
• Please place your calls with Public Works 488-6997 M-F 7:00 am-4:00 pm (closed 12pm-1pm for lunch) and not City Hall, we will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
• Salting will be done after all streets have been plowed, and will be salted only at the Major Intersections, Bus Routes, Etc.
• Please DO NOT shovel your Snow into the Street, it will only come back to the Curb when the Plow trucks return to clean up all Streets later on in the process.
The Mayor, Public Works, & City Clerk want to thank you for your cooperation in this matter.