Current Job Postings
ASSISTANT TO THE MAYOR
TITLE: Assistant to the Mayor
LOCATION: City Hall,
SHIFT: Monday – Friday
REPORTS TO: Mayor
SUMMARY: To Perform the position of Assistant to the Mayor successfully, the individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions furnished in written and/or oral form, as well as the ability to reasonable deal with daily challenges that may arise. Proficiency tests will be administered in job interview for Word, Excel and Power Point.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and other duties assigned:
- Must be a team player.
- Primarily responsible for all clerical functions of Mayor’s Office.
- Prepare charts and graphs, and reports for the Mayor’s office.
- Must be able to follow directions to prepare, proofread, and distribute final product of outgoing correspondence or other documents.
- Arrange and Coordinate meetings for Mayor.
- Assist in development of Power Point presentations for Mayor.
- Coordinate with other agencies on behalf of the Mayor.
- Coordinate with Council and Dept. Heads for the Mayor.
- Keep track of and organize various City Projects for the Mayor.
- Maintain Mayor’s calendar.
- Perform clerical assistance to office staff, work the front counter, assist Council as directed by Mayor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Customer service includes answering phones and directing the phone calls to the appropriate departments; receiving revenue payments and balancing; preparing outgoing correspondence in a professional manner, and conducting oneself in a professional manner to represent the City.
- Must have the initiative to help run the City Hall front office in an efficient, respectable, and professional manner and may run errands as necessary.
- Help sort and distributes incoming mail to the appropriate departments.
- May be called upon to receive or process the following: public disclosure requests, park shelter reservations, City Hall room reservations, business licenses, setting up new utility accounts, park light key check-out, receipting right-of-way permits, receipting hydrant monies, building department permits. List is not exhaustive.
- May be cross trained in another position within the Office, at the discretion of the Mayor to help cover vacations, illness, etc.
- Receives customer complaints and must have knowledge of directing the customer to the appropriate department and the understanding of the appropriate process to be taken.
- May prepare and publish legal notices.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform the position of Assistant to the Mayor successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Related work experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and computer procedural manuals. Should have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, the ability to speak effectively, clearly, and directly with people, as well as over the telephone.
Computer Skills: Ability to perform computer data entry. Must have exceptional knowledge of Word and Excel & PowerPoint software programs. Working Project Management knowledge helpful. Proficiency tests will be administered in job interview for Word, Excel and Power Point.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Must posses basic accounting skills. Must be able to count money and change correctly and must be able to perform routine balancing.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form, as well as the ability to reasonably deal with daily challenges that may arise.
The work environment described here is representative of those that the Assistant to the Mayor will encounter while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is usually performed indoors.
Salary: Range: $43,500-$45,000 depending on experience.
Fully paid Family Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
Professional training offered