Multi-Family Tax Exemption Program
The City has adopted a Multi-Family Tax Exemption (MFTE) Program. MFTE gives a 12-year property tax exemption for new (or rehabilitated) multi-family units in certain circumstances:
- Add at least 4 units
- Within a designated target area
- Set aside at least 20% of the units for low- and moderate-income households
- Density of 15 units/acre (not more than 2906 sq. ft. of lot area per dwelling unit)
The purpose of the MFTE program is to encourage more multi-family development in Othello. Like many areas of the state and country, we have a housing shortage. The Multi-Family Property Tax Exemption is incentive to encourage construction of new units in Othello.
- Adopted ordinance with Residential Target Areas (p.5-6)
- Flyer (en Espanol)
- MFTE Overview
- City Council Presentation (9-26-22)
- City Council Agenda 1-9-23
- City Council Agenda 1-23-22
Contact the Building & Planning Department.