City dog license's are now handled through
Adams County Pet Rescue
1961 W Bench Rd
Othello, WA 99344
Closed: Monday & Thursday
Open: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday,
Saturday, & Sunday
Noon to 6:00 pm
- If you live in the City limits of Othello you must license your dog. Licenses’ are due in January of each calendar year.
- License fees are as follows:
- December 31 through January 31 fees are $6.00 for spayed/neutered dogs and $15.00 if not spayed/neutered.
- After January 31 each year fee is $10.00 for spayed/neutered and $30.00 if not spayed/neutered.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required when licensing your dog.
- Owners may face an infraction of $260.00 for failure to license their dog each year.
- A pitbull is defined as a bull terrier, American pit bull terrier or Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier or any mix that contains the above defined breed.
- Pit bulls are prohibited inside the City Limits of Othello.
- IF a Pitbull is found within the City Limits the Animal Control Officer may immediately impound the dog. Dog may be returned to owner if they can provide proof that dog will reside outside of the City limits.
- Owners may face an infraction of $260.00 for keeping a pitbull in City Limits.
Surrendering a Dog
You may surrender a dog to the City if you are no longer able to care for dog or if you no longer wish to keep the dog. Dogs will be released to Adams County Pet Rescue and transferred to another shelter, adopted out to a new home or euthanized depending on health and/or disposition. The fee for surrender a dog is $10.00.
What happens if my dog gets picked up?
Dogs are held at Adams County Pet Rescue.
Impound fees are as follows:
- 1 st time impounded will be a $15.00 fee plus $5.00 for each night the dog is held at the shelter.
- 2 nd time impounded will be $25.00 plus $5.00 for each night the dog is held.
- 3 rd and each subsequent impound will be $50.00 plus the $5.00 per night.
- Owners may also face and infraction of $260.00 for dog at large.
If the dog has a current City License the Animal Control Officer will contact the owner as soon as feasible to allow for owner to pay fees and collect their dog.
If a dog is impounded that does not have a City License, the dog will be held for 72 hours and then surrendered to Adams County Pet Rescue. At that time the dog may be transferred to another shelter, adopted out to a new home or euthanized depending on health and/or disposition.