Long Range Planning
Long Range Planning looks to the future, through the Comprehensive Plan and keeping codes updated.
In Progress Updates
The Planning Commission is working on updating Fencing regulations (OMC 14.36), the Home Occupation regulations (OMC 17.59) for home-based businesses, and street trees and other landscaping (OMC 17.74). These will be discussed at upcoming Planning Commission meeting. Check the calendar for the agendas.
The City is also working on an Active Transportation Plan for walking, biking, wheelchairs, and other ways people get around when they are not in vehicles.
Recent Code Updates
- Accessory Dwelling Units (OMC 17.63 - Ord. 1571)
- Critical Areas/Critical Aquifer Recharge Areas (OMC Title 13)
- Housing Action Plan
- Reduced residential minimum lot size and increased maximum lot coverage allowed (OMC 17.20.060 - Ord. 1569)
- Park Element of the Comprehensive Plan (Res. 2022-03)
- Public Works Design Standards
- Rental Housing Licensing & Inspection (OMC 4.40 - Ord. 1562)
- Residential setbacks and garages (OMC 17.20.060 - Ord. 1554 and OMC 17.61.020 - Ord. 1555)
- Uses in Residential Zones (OMC 17.20.030 - Ord. 1578 adopted March 28, 2022)
- 2019-2020 Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Updates