Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m
Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Updates
Zoning Update Public Hearing Continued to February 10
The Planning Commission has been working on the Zoning Code and Zoning Map for the past 2.5 years. Changes:
- Easier to use
- Easier to understand
- Better match for how land is actually used
- Better planning for the future
- 1/6/20: City Council public hearing and discussion, continued to Jan. 27.
- 1/21/20: Planning Commission discussed the latest issues and made additional recommendations to the Council for Jan. 27.
- 1/27/20: City Council public hearing and discussion, continued to Feb. 10
Progress in 2019
- 6/17: Planning Commission recommended Zoning Map and Zoning Code changes to the City Council.
- 7/22: Planning Commission presented their recommendations to the City Council at a Planning Commission/City Council Study Session. Council asked for the Commission to further review some items.
- 8/19 & 8/27: Planning Commission discussed items requested by the Council.
- 9/9: Planning Commission presented the items Council had asked them to further review at a Planning Commission/City Council Study Session.
- 9/23, 10/7, 10/28: City Council discussed the remaining issues and made changes to the proposals.
- 11/12: City Council public hearing. They directed a few changes to the Zoning Map and continued the hearing to Nov. 25.
- 11/18: Planning Commission reviewed comments on the Nov. 12 proposal and provided a recommendation.
- 11/25: City Council took additional testimony and continued the public hearing to Dec. 9.
- 12/9: City Council took additional testimony, continued the public hearing to Jan. 6, and requested additional Planning Commission input.
- 12/16: Planing Commission reviewed issues from 12/9 and provided additional recommendations to the Council.
- City Council continued the public hearing to Feb. 10. Check Agendas for more information.
- Read the drafts and ask questions and/or submit comments
- Attend the Planning Commission and City Council meetings to hear the discussion. Check Calendar and City Council Agendas for dates
- Testify at the City Council Public Hearing February 10
Read the Proposals
- Title 14 (Building & Construction) text changes (Fences)
- Title 14 (Building & Construction) repeal of old ordinances
- Zoning text changes
- New Zoning Chapters (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Landscaping) & repeal of old ordinances
Zone Change Maps
Find Out More
You can ask questions or submit comments to:
Anne Henning, Community Development Director
500 E. Main Street
Othello, WA 99344